Friday, November 14, 2014

A visit to the hairdresser

I hate going to the hairdresser. In any country. Although I speak fluent German, I still don't feel confident that I will accurately describe what I want and it will all end in tears.

After weeks of Googling, indecision, peering into salon windows and watching my 'white highlights' becoming more pronounced (I'm a 24-year-old with grey hairs and flare-ups on teenage acne, life just isn't fair), I decided it was time for action.

After snooping around an expat forum (yuck), I came across Joel's Dreamhair in the 5th District and I can safely say I will become a regular. Joel is a South African and an English native speaker so the language barrier was a non-issue and the salon offers all-inclusive prices, a breath of fresh air in the world of Austrian hairdressers and their weird 'dry-your-own-hair' system.

This definitely isn't just a salon for us English-speakers though. Every other customer that walked through the door was Austrian (a good sign in my books, locals don't stand for crap) and all the staff speak perfect German.

I felt so welcomed by Joel and his team and the results are just fabulous - a gorgeous, natural ombre and the bounciest blow-dry (eat your heart out Kate Middleton!). I felt like skipping all the way home!

Feeling like a superstar

Joel's Dreamhair - http://www.joelsdreamhair.at
Arbeitergasse 11.

(I think I deserve a discount next time for this glowing review!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment