Monday, November 24, 2014

Fake Cake

I love cake. I swear I have a separate dessert stomach because, no matter how full I am, if someone offers me cake there's no way I'll turn it down. That's why I was delighted to come across these amazing baked protein oats, with the texture of sponge cake but none of the added sugar and butter.

Laura's Vanilla & Raspberry 'Fake Cake'

Serves enough for one greedy person, or 2 well-behaved diners

Ingredients:
40g oats
150ml milk (I usually go with almond milk, but cow's milk works just as well)
2 whisked egg whites
1tsp baking powder
½ scoop vanilla protein powder (I use the Vanilla Stevia Impact Whey Protein from MyProtein)
Handful of raspberries

Preheat your over to 180°C.
Throw all of the ingredients together and mix it up.
Put the mixture into a pyrex dish or cake tin.
Pop in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Leave to cool slightly before serving with low-fat quark or greek yoghurt and some extra berries.

The mixture in the oven

The finished product (demolished slightly by a very hungry yours truly)

Happy scoffing, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment